Applications for 2022 are now closed.
The Nahom Berhane Scholarship for Leadership and Inclusion provides assistance to youth with a proven track record of volunteerism, community service and leadership in the community, who are in need of financial support to attend a post-secondary institution including universities, colleges and professional trades training.
The Scholarship is available for students who are registered to attend a post-secondary institution (in any year).
This year we are prioritizing youth of African Descent.
- Are registered to attend a post-secondary institution (in any year)
- Have lived in the GTA for at least 2 years
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
(Please note: Applicants who are in the process of applying as permanent residents and who have documentation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows them to study at a post-secondary institution may apply. Proof of an application with IRCC will be required. The Scholarship does not fund visitor or international student studies. )
- Have a proven track record of community involvement/volunteerism
- Have demonstrated leadership in their community/are community mobilizers
- Are sponsored by a mentor / mentor organization committing to act as a mentor for the applicant for the duration of the scholarship
- Make a positive contribution to the GTA