The Nahom Berhane Scholarship for Leadership and Inclusion provides assistance to youth with a proven track record of volunteerism, community service and leadership in the community, who are in need of financial support to attend a post-secondary institution including universities, colleges and professional trades training.
The Scholarship is available for students who are registered to attend a post-secondary institution (in any year).
The ideal recipient of the Scholarship will be rewarded for their participation, contributions and leadership in the community through volunteerism and community service.
- Are registered to attend a post-secondary institution (in any year)
- Have lived in the GTA for at least 2 years
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
- Have a proven track record of community involvement/volunteerism
- Have demonstrated leadership in their community/are community mobilisers
- Make a positive contribution to the city
Priority will be given to candidates who come from a low-income family, single parent family, or 1st/2nd generation immigrant family.
Selection will be primarily based on candidate’s passion and involvement in their community.
A satisfactory academic standing is preferred.